Friday, November 6, 2009

POM: Blogger Harvest Tour Talk & Dinner

(Sorry if you've already been emailed this post twice...technical difficulties!)

After our day of pomegranate pickin’ I was scheduled to give the bloggers a talk about Antioxidants and an Anti-Aging Lifestyle. I was excited to share my nutrition knowledge with the group, especially after they shared all of their blogging expertise with me!


  • I told the group that we do have the ability to reverse, slow or prevent age-related diseases, such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, cancer, etc.
  • In order to prevent age-related diseases, we need to focus on eating antioxidant rich foods, which combat the free radicals doing damage in our bodies.Antioxidants protect our body, and they’re in delicious foods like fruits and veggies, whole grains, nuts and seeds.I told the group about foods to limit or eat sparingly in the diet, like foods that have saturated fat, refined grains, trans fat (keep out!), and added sugars.
  • But I also told them what to eat for an antioxidant rich diet, including fresh fruits and veggies, lean meats, probiotic-rich foods like yogurt or kimchi, tea, dark chocolate (70% or more cacao!), POM 100% juice (obvi!), fresh herbs and spices, and more.
  • I also reminded the group that they have huge readership on their blogs, and they can use their blogs as a platform to educate their readers on healthy eating just by leading by example. And let me tell you with this group, they ALL lead by healthy example! It was a pleasure speaking to everyone.


After that, we had all worked up an appetite and were ready for our POM themed dinner! We headed to Vintage Press where we were served some of the best food I’ve ever tried! I sat withHeather and Sagan and had some great conversation with them. Both share a similar food-philosophy as me and it was fun to bounce some of my nutrition ideals off of them.

We started off with some delicious appetizers but my all time favorite was this Wild Mushroom Puff Pastry. Oh so good. I was honestly so stuffed after that but couldn’t pass up the rest. My vegetarian entree was couscous, quinoa with pomegranate arils, pickled beets, pureed carrots,
some squash and the cutest part of all: a baby stuffed pumpkin. Every bite was better than the one before it!


I finished off my meal with a POM sorbet, made on site by the fabulous chefs. We were seriously wined and dined at Vintage Press. All of the bloggers on this trip were so fun to spend a few days with. I felt like I was on an episode of The Real World: POM Style! You can check out their popular blogs below:

Up next: Our tour of the POM Wonderful Plant

No comments:

Post a Comment